I was tagged by Sheri to list 6 things I've learned lately. So here goes:
1. I don't actually enjoy cooking or baking. Blame it on the terrible eczema on my hands, my lack of patience, or the fact that I'd much rather be reading a book or knitting, or doing so many other things, but I cook and bake because I like to eat!
2. I need to work on being more relationally oriented than task oriented. I think this is something I've known for awhile, but never put into those words until my dear friend Brooke did it for me- she knows me too well!
3. I have to get the baby back on a schedule. We were doing so well for awhile there and then somehow I started getting distracted and found that I was letting her just fall asleep in the swing or while nursing. Not good! That led to a baby who didn't want to go to sleep in her bed all by herself! So we're working on that and things are getting better already.
4. The more children I have, the more I can see my own sin! I remember learning this after Ella was born and now I'm seeing it again after 5! It is challenging and stretching to the soul to have many children- definitely a means of sanctification! Will I be malleable and open to the ways the Lord wants to change me and grow me? Or will I be selfish and stubborn and try to do it on my own strength?
5. I HAVE to get up at 5am no matter how tired I think I am. What it comes down to is this- if I stay in bed that extra hour or even two, I still feel tired and then I'm crabby to go along with the tired because the kids are already up and fighting and pulling out the cereal and I haven't had time to read my Bible OR have coffee!
6. Ella doesn't like it when I'm on the computer and she's ready for dinner.