Friday, December 31, 2010

Here Comes 2011

And what will I do in this coming year? Well, here are some hopes and plans- all subject to change of course- due to the fact that I am small and my God is big and he may have something different in mind.

*I am very excited about the many "firsts" with our son after we finally get him home!

*I NEED to reduce sugar intake in my diet and I am HOPING that will bring on less fatique and achiness. I am seriously feeling way too old and I plan to do the South Beach diet again after my birthday as a guide for eating low sugar foods.

*I really want to reduce the excess all around me. Our house probably wouldn't feel quite so small if we made the best use of our space which means a BIG OLE garage sale as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

*A less crabby me would be nice. I hope to help this cause by drinking a LITTLE less coffee, eating a LOT less sugar, and getting back to exercising. It got really hard to get out to the Y with the kids and since then I have not worked out! UGH.

*Being more gentle with the children is always a goal of mine- to use a soft answer and a kind look rather than a harsh word and not so happy face. By God's grace and one day at a time I will continue to strive for this!

--Now I'm wondering, what on earth am I doing? I don't usually make New Year's resolutions. Well, I guess this year I did.

1 comment:

brookebrownell said...

good stuff! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!