Thursday, March 13, 2008

Questions

My kids are always asking questions. I guess that's good, right? I mean sometimes you think you're going to go crazy with all the questions, but they can really crack you up too. Or they can make you feel stupid because you have to say something brilliant like, "I don't know, we'll have to look it up later" or "we'll ask daddy tonight." Here are a couple of the latest:



this morning: Kate, "is God big?" I started with something like, "well, God doesn't have a body like you and I have." She didn't seem to like that answer and looked a little confused so I said, "yes, Kate, God is very very big." To this she replied, "Oh, WOW!!" So I guess that was the right answer.

a couple of days ago: Peter, "will something that's wet take longer to dry in the dark than in the light?" Where does he come up with this stuff? And at the breakfast table over his cereal no less! We should have a rule about what types of questions are allowed before mommy has completed her 2 (tiny) cups of coffee.

I'm thankful for our atlas and encyclopedia and a smart husband!

No comments: