I just finished reading The Duggars: 20 and Counting and found a wealth of great discipline and organization ideas. Jim Bob and Michelle have learned some wonderful lessons over the last 20 years as they have prayerfully considered everything from how to manage their finances to how to potty train their children. I am going to try implementing some of their ideas including the following list of house rules:
1. Always use soft words, even when you don't feel well.
2. Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
3. Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
4. Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
5. Think pure thoughts.
6. Always give a good report of others. Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
7. Never raise a hand to hit.
8. Never raise a foot to kick.
9. Never raise an object to throw.
10. Never raise a voice to yell.
11. Never raise an eye to scowl.
12. Use one toy/activity at a time.
13. Never let the sun go down on your wrath.
14. JOY- Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
I might add a few, but I think these are really good guidelines.
Most of us will not have 18 children. In fact most of us won't have 8 children, but this book is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to manage their home efficiently and supply their children with the tools to honor God with their lives.