Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knitting Again

When Peter was a baby I started going to a knitting class every Monday night. I loved it and Pete and Peter had some special bonding time while I was gone. I had to quit going to it when we moved right before we had Maddie because it was too far away. Since then I haven't knitted much- not that I couldn't do it on my own, but sitting with a group of women once a week really inspired me to make the time for it during the week. Well, a woman in my town recently started a group at our library every other Monday night. So far I've gone twice and I LOVE IT!! It's so great that it only takes me two minutes to get there (unlike the 15-45 minute drive to just about everything else we do), I can knit for two hours, and come home before I turn into a pumpkin :) I just finished a scarf and last night I started a sock. I've never made socks before so I'm excited to see how they turn out. Here's what I've done so far

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Woo hoo! My Sarah loves to knit too! Her Grandma taught her, of course, since I am pitifully inept at such things. :-)