Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's going on at our house?

I know I've been a really bad blogger lately- it's just that I discovered Facebook a couple of months ago and that takes up my computer time!!

Anyway, here are a few things happening at the Vander Wall's:

-Yesterday we got our first pets!! Zeus and Ariel the goldfishes are probably wondering about all the big giant heads hanging around their bowl! The kids are having a great time taking turns feeding them. And it's really cute to hear Kate and Maddie say goodnight and good morning in high pitched voices.

-I have a new laundry system. This seems to be an area that is ever changing, but for now here's what's working for us: I do most of the washing on Monday- Wednesday. Then Wednesday and Thursday I (and sometimes Pete) fold all but the 3 oldest kid's laundry. Peter, Kate, and Maddie have to fold their own laundry on Thursday mornings. Peter is really quick, Kate is getting there and Maddie still needs quite a bit of help. I look forward to the day when they can handle more than just their little basket- then we could probably work together and knock out all the folding in less than an hour. Thursday and Friday I put the laundry away which means Saturday and Sunday I don't have to touch it! So that's the goal- laundry free weekends!

-The kids have discovered the annoying "don't copy me" game. They learned pretty quickly that mommy doesn't appreciate being included.

-Peter is excited that he only has 20 math lessons left for the year-I'm probably even more excited than he is!!

-Charlotte, our sweet and tiny 6 1/2 month old, got her first tooth last week and is working on a second one. She's such a dainty and happy little girl and thankfully teething hasn't been too horrible. She does wake up around 4 or 5 am screaming- nothing a little tylenol doesn't help.

-Last week I went to Michigan with all the kids to stay with my sister while her husband was out of town for a couple of days. We had a lot of fun together and even got to go out for a grown up meal while grandpa and grandma watched all SIX of their grandkids!! Of course, part of our evening out included a trip to Babies R Us where we got our babies some adorable new pipeys. Aiden is a Rockstar and Charlotte has pink animal print ones!! We were pretty busy and I failed to take the time to take pictures which I am now REALLY regretting!

-We have been going to the YMCA as a family a couple of times a week. There's a little gym with some basketball hoops that are lower so Peter can shoot and actually make it. He's been practicing dribbling every chance he gets and has really started to love basketball.

-Ella will be turning two in a few weeks and is cracking me up with her talking. Her vocabulary has just exploded lately and it's so fun to listen to her!

No comments: