Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Drive to Nana's

The lump in my throat got bigger the closer we got to my in-laws house to drop Peter and Kate off for the rest of the week. I am really not good at being away from my kids and tomorrow morning Pete and I are leaving for a little anniversary getaway. But that's not why the lump grew and the tears flooded my eyes. It was my little girls heart. As we rode, we listened to Fernando Ortega and when he started singing "Jesus Paid It All" Kate joined in singing sweetly and without inhibition. It was all I could do to not bust out bawling. It was just one of those moments, you know? Usually when the kids are singing it's rowdy and wild and turns into a competition. This was different and it was beautiful. She is such a sweetheart and I am so thankful for a glimpse into her heart tonight.

No comments: