Wednesday, August 18, 2010

He usually has an answer

Tonight I had JUST finished reading a bedtime story to the three oldest kids when Maddie, out of nowhere, asks, "how do mommies get a baby in their tummy?" WHERE did that come from? I'm usually pretty quick with the simple, not too many details kind of answers, but before I could even open my mouth Peter said, "Nobody knows, Maddie. Nobody knows." I LOVE it! This is from the same kid who turned to stare at the wall of the movie theater when there was a kissing scene in Ramona and Beezus. And when asked about why he did that and why he thinks kissing is gross he informed us that No, he will not ever kiss his wife and why should he, Nana and Papa don't kiss??? Oh, the innocence!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

See, now I've always been a little "proud" that mom & dad DO still kiss after 40 years! Dad still walks in after work and finds mom to kiss her.....
A friend of ours little guy said that long kisses were for married people and the yucky licking kisses were for dating people. Might have it a little backward, but at least he differentiated!

Charity said...

I. Love. It! :) Ah Peter...we have a dowry all lined up for you buddy...you can have your pick!

Laurie said...

Too funny...like Dar I think it is cute that Nana & Papa still kiss...and kiss sooooo Loudly! Maybe Peter needs his hearing checked...or I'd just chalk it up to being too engrossed in Legos or whatnot when he's at Nana's house.