Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh the guilt!

I've had good intentions, really! I've taken tons of pictures of all of the kids not wanting to look back and say, "hmm...now why is it that we hardly have any baby pictures of anyone but the two oldest children." The problem is I have loads of UNORGANIZED pictures! Before we had Ella we didn't even have a digital camera. So the pictures of Peter, Kate, and Maddie are in piles. This is something my mother did that I said I wouldn't do that I have done. I always imagined putting the pictures of my childhood- that my mom has in "that" box- in an album. Now I IMAGINE putting my childrens pictures in their albums, but I've hardly even begun really. Instead of just starting where we're at, I feel so overwhelmed with ALL the pictures from several years back that I just don't even know where to start! I have a beautiful album for each of them, but a couple of them are completely EMPTY! I want to be able to look at the pictures with them even now, to compare their looks as they grow, but how can I do that when I don't have TIME to get them in the albums!!??

That leads me to the guilt of being such a bad blogger. Really, if I was smart I'd keep up with this and then get it printed and I'd ATLEAST have that as a family scrapbook! Okay, so I'm going to try to do a better job- you know, in my spare time.

So just for fun here's a picture of my children in the garden.

1 comment:

dkt said...

Have you tried Picasa? That's what I use! It is free to down load and I think (if I remember correctly) it will take all of the pictures on your computer and organize them into the months that you took them. Then you just have to rename the folders. Now, I start a new folder every month or for a big occassion. At the end of the year, I spend some time saving each file on a separate disk and up-loading them to SnapFish. Once the year is on snap fish I select 2 or 3 of my favorite pictures from each month, order them and slap them VERY quickly into a scrap book--nothin' fancy, just something for the kids to enjoy. :D

And, btw...I may have my pictures some what organized, but I certainly DO NOT have a beautiful garden like you do! lol! :D

Your kids are beautiful and never feel guilty for a moment that you sat and read, but didn't get around to pictures...couch time is waaaaaay more important...but you know that! :)

dianna