Wednesday, March 30, 2011

News from afar

Each of the last three mornings I have been greeted by the chime of my phone telling me Pete has texted me. I get a short update on their day and then I just wonder and long to know the details. We have had two VERY brief phone calls- wer're talking about maybe two minutes of talk time. I have gotten two emails from him which have given me a glimpse into the surreal life that he is living this week as he gets to know and love our son. I feel like I am going to be so behind on knowing this new child of mine! Daddy and son are having some good bonding time and really getting to know eachother. The Embassy appointment went fine and on Friday they will pick up the visa and passport and get on a plane to head home. While they wait, they are taken various places by our agency's staff. So far they have visited a zoo and gone out for burgers and fries. Yes, burgers and fries in Ethiopia. They spend time each afternoon resting and having a lesson on getting to know your brother and sisters' names and learning some English words. I am so excited to teach him! We are all missing eachother desperately, but we are so thankful for the Lord's grace and goodness to us as we are apart.

No comments: