Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Like Having a Newborn Only Different

Okay, I know I didn't just give birth. And the "baby" isn't even home yet, but things are hurtin' over here. After a night of very little sleep due to texting Pete, waiting for responses, emailing him, and making a couple of quick phone calls to him to make sure he was okay, I am exhausted. No, I'm not comparing a night of little sleep to labor, BUT overall the atmosphere around here with the kids, especially the two youngest is similar to the crazy, confused, super needy way they act when I first have a newborn. Actually, Ella and Charlotte are acting about exactly the same way now as Maddie and Ella did the night I went into labor with Charlotte. They claw at my door if I shut them out for a moment to pee in peace. They hang and climb all over me. That's all fine and good. Unless anyone wants to eat. Then I need to be disentangled from these needy little girls who follow me crying and begging to be held so that I can get to the kitchen. Right now they don't even want Grandma, which is a bummer, because she's here and I want them to enjoy her- sit on her for hours. I really want to make supper. And tomorrow I really want to get this house spiffed up so as to welcome my husband home and so as to not let our newest member think we actually like things this messy. And right at this very minute my husband and little boy are taking off on the first leg of their trip home. RIGHT NOW. Oh, my heart!

4 comments:

Wife said...

:) oh my goodness. My heart does butterflies! So excited for you to gain your next member of the family!

Charity said...

Soooo excited for you! Pete and Daniel/Patti took off at the same time...just in different points of the journey! Praying for those in the air tonight!

mary said...

What an exciting time for your family!!! I will be praying for this transition all around!!!

Angie Tyner said...

I love it! I can't wait to see pictures! :)