Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February

A few years ago I decided that February is my least favorite month. In fact I really really don't like it at all. I'll refrain from using the word "hate" because, of course, there are worse things. Yes, there are worse things than a month that, although it is the shortest, seems to drag on forever making me think winter will never end. I'll tell you one thing worse than the month of February- having a stomach bug during the month of February. Yes, the kids are sick and it just doesn't want to go away. I think it's Rotavirus- if your kids have had it you know what I'm talking about. Apparently symptoms can last up to 9 days. Thankfully, in 2006 they started immunizing against certain types of Rota so I think maybe Ella won't get it. I feel so bad for the kids because Kate had to miss her last story time at the library yesterday. We are supposed to be going to a Valentine's party on Friday to meet a group of homeschoolers, but I don't think we'll be going! And we had big plans for Saturday too. Such a dissappointment for them! Well, today will be all about laundry, clorox wipes, jello, toast, sprite, and hopefully some naps! On the bright side, I am glad we're getting this over with now so we don't ruin the mini vacation we have planned with my parents at the end of the month. And I am SO GLAD we had wood floors put in the kids rooms a few months ago!

3 comments:

Racine said...

So you have time to blog but not to call your sister back, hmm? Just kidding! Sorry to hear sickness is overtaking your household. I'm very grateful that I haven't caught any of the nasty bugs going around up here. How are you feeling? And I agree, with the exception of Valentine's day, February is a very drab and dismal month. I'm trying to get Gems cancelled tonight because I am so sick of driving around on the ice!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am SO with you....February is my LEAST favourite month. Have no idea why. I think I just need SPRING!

brookebrownell said...

February certainly is terrible- but not as bad in balmy SC. Plus, Parker was born in February. And besides that we are coming to play in the snow there next FEB!